In the Courts
Defenders has been at the forefront of wildlife litigation since the organization's inception in 1947.
Defenders' attorneys possess an in-depth knowledge of the Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, National Forest Management Act and other conservation laws, and they aggressively use these laws to protect endangered species and ecosystems.
Our legal team, based in Washington D.C., works in conjunction with biologists, regional experts, local conservation groups and grassroots activists.
More on Legal:
- Legal Home
- Gulf Oil Disaster
- Delta Smelt/Endangered Species Act Constitutional Challenge
- Polar Bear Litigation
- Rozol Prairie Dog Bait Registration Challenge
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- Sea Turtle Bycatch in the Gulf of Mexico Bottom Longline Fishery
- Right Whale Entanglement
- Sierra Nevada MIS
- Southern California Forest Plans Challenge
- Chukchi Sea
- Wyoming Roadless Rule Intervention
- Roadless Rule Repeal