Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to the protection of all native animals and plants in their natural communities. Founded in 1947, Defenders is one of the country’s leaders in science-based, results-oriented wildlife conservation. Organizational priorities include protecting and restoring imperiled North American wildlife; ensuring conservation of wildlife and habitat on federal public lands, with particular emphasis on national wildlife refuges and national forests; and ensuring the adoption and implementation of a national program for the conservation of wildlife, habitat and ecosystems in the face of global warming.
The Marketing Intern will assist in the creation and promotion of content across various marketing channels, including website, social media, blog and more.
- Researching, writing, editing and fact-checking copy for Defenders’ websites.
- Support branding and messaging for Defenders’ marketing campaigns.
- Working closely with program staff to create content for blog and social media channels
- Photo-editing and graphic design
- Opportunities may be provided to work on larger projects appropriate to meet academic requirements.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. Students are encouraged to seek funding opportunities through their schools or outside sources. We do offer a transportation stipend, and are happy to work with your school to arrange academic credit. Positions are available on a part-time or full-time basis.
Education: Current Marketing student
Experience: Interest/experience in environmental issues.
- Strong writing skills
- Background in marketing and/or communications
- Experience social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Experience with Photoshop, Wordpress, Facebook Insights and Google Analytics preferred
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send an email to HR@defenders.org  with the subject line Marketing Intern. Please include a resume, writing sample, and references. We strongly encourage early applications, as offers will be made on a rolling basis.
It is the policy of Defenders of Wildlife to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.