- Our Work
- Wild Places
- How You Can Help
- Become a Defender
- Ways to Give
- Adopt an Animal
- Gifts & Gear
- Take Action
- Attend an Event
- Hold Congress Accountable
- Explore Wildlife Stories
The Latest :
- Oregonian: Governor should veto anti-wolf bill
- A Victory to be Celebrated During the Long and Drawn Out War on Wolves
- High Country News: Idaho has declaired a war on wolves
- Huffington Post: Hatred is the New Management Plan in Idaho
- Earth Island Journal: It's only a matter of time before wolves re-establish themselves in the Golden State
- Idaho Statesman: By rejecting nonlethal options, Idaho's wolf plan loses
- Boulder Daily Camera: Science and the Gray Wolf
- Real Clear Politics: Plan to Remove Gray Wolf Protections is Flawed
- Sacramento Bee: Why are the feds giving up on wolf recovery in California?
- Feinstein's drought bill still not fine for the environment
- Huffington Post: There is no quick-fix for California's drought
Mexican Gray Wolf
- The Arizona Republic (editorial): House should listen to public on wolf issue
- Arizona Daily Star: Mexican gray wolf: Where the wild things aren't
- High Country News: 15 years of Mexican gray wolves: celebrate or sob?
- Huffington Post: Sage-grouse and Other Threatened Species Don't Threaten National Security
- Huffington Post: Protecting the prairie-chicken protects the West: We must do it right
- Protecting sage-grouse need not spell disaster for Montana's economy
- State has an opportunity to save sage-grouse
- The Denver Post: Setting the record straight on Gunnison sage-grouse
Lands and Forests
- Vallejo Times-Herald: Berryess Snow Mountain Should Be A National Monument
- Earth Island Journal: The Heart of Wilderness
- Earth Island Journal: Now's the Time to Get National Forest Planning Right
Endangered Species Act
- The Hill: 100 ways to harm endangered species
- There's no need to sacrifice Texas' protected wildlife
- The Endangered Species Act isn't broken, but is its implementation faltering?
- Huffington Post Cngress' Assault on Endangered Species Act Does Not Mirror Public Opinion
- Roanoke Times: Who benefits from fewer protections for wildlife?
- LA TImes: The greater sage grouse and the lesser prairie chicken: let science decide
- Real Clear Politics: McConnell's Senate: A Disaster for Imperiled Wildlife
- Philadelphia Inquirer: Century’s worth of difference in saving wildlife
- The Passenger Pigeon's Everlasting Mark: America's Most Infamous Extinction
- Huffington Post: What Happened to Stewardship in Congress?
- Huffington Post: How Should We Honor Earth Day?
- Critical tools help threatened species
- The Olympian: A Northwest Success Story
- The Detroit Free Press: Save the Legislation that Saves Endangered Animals
- Eco Opinions: Celebrating 40 Years of the Endangered Species Act
- The Lincoln Journal Star: The Endangered Species Act Turns 40
- The Richmond Times Dispatch: Four Decades of Conservation in Jeopardy
- The Pueblo Chieftain: The Value of Wildlife Conservation in Colorado
- The Earth Island Journal: Happy Birthday Dear Endangered Species Act
- Huffington Post: Affirming our All-American Conservation Values through the Endangered Species Act
- Huffington Post: Follow Governor Brown's lead on lead
- Huffington Post: Get the Lead out!
- Huffington Post: De-extinction: A Lifeline or Pandora's Box?