Help Desk Associate
Location: Headquarters, Washington, DC
Department: Information Services
Supervisor: Director, Information Technology
The IT Help Desk Associate position provides hardware and software support to National Headquarters and field office staff members of Defenders of Wildlife. This is a twelve (12) month term position, with the potential to be extended.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides telephone, e-mail and hands-on technical support to National Headquarters and field office staff members of Defenders of Wildlife.
- Builds, troubleshoots, updates and rebuilds desktop and laptop computers.
- Conducts IT new user orientation and trains newly hired employees.
- Keeps the loaner laptop pool updated and manages loaner check-out/return process.
- Maintains an accurate current inventory of HQ and Field computer equipment.
- Responds to IT and AV Requests submitted through the helpdesk system.
- With Software Support Specialist, may develop documentation for staff for training or orientation to new systems or tools.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in related field.
- Experience: 1-3 years experience in PC desktop user support and/or computer hardware and software troubleshooting and repair.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, Microsoft Active Directory, and Windows 7 required. Hands-on experience with web conferencing platforms (such as Skype, ReadyTalk, or Lync), system imaging and software image deployment software (such as Symantec Ghost), and Macintosh operating systems strongly preferred.
- VoIP user support experience desired.
- Certification: CompTIA A+ and Network+ desired but not necessary.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for specific education and experience listed above.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Excellent trouble shooting skills, ability to investigate root cause issues and spot trends to avoid recurrence
- Strong written skills to document procedures and user instructions
- Strong verbal communications skills necessary explain issues to users in a non-technical way
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so.
Ability to lift 30 pounds. (for purpose of placing, removing, and relocating computers)
General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants please reference Help Desk Associate position in your subject line and submit a letter of interest, along with your resume and salary history to us via e-mail at: HR@defenders.org.
It is the policy of Defenders of Wildlife to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
Defenders of Wildlife is a national, non-profit membership organization dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their natural communities. Our employees work in an environment that is inclusive and honors each of our unique perspectives and backgrounds. We believe that the conservation of biological diversity is best advanced by the contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and cultures. We strive toward a collective goal of including all people in the conservation of our Nation’s wildlife and wild places.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.