Rockies & Plains Coordinator
Location: Denver Metro Area
Department: Field Conservation Programs
Supervisor: Rockies & Plains Director
Defenders’ Rockies & Plains Coordinator provides administrative and grassroots organizing leadership for Defenders’ Rockies and Plains region. Administratively, the Coordinator’s principle responsibilities are to provide administrative and program support to the regional staff. The Coordinator is the chief administrative point of contact for the program and s/he is responsible for ensuring that the operational aspects of the program run smoothly. The Coordinator will also be the primary grassroots organizer for the region. The Coordinator will be the primary point of contact between Defenders regional staff and Defenders members. The Coordinator will build and maintain relationships with Defenders members, organize members in support of conservation efforts, and arrange outreach events and other interactions with members and non-members throughout the region. Duties are expected to be split roughly equally between administration on the one hand and outreach and organizing on the other.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative duties:
- Process and assist with the production of contracts, check requests, expense reports, publications, materials, internal communications such as weekly and board reports and check requests, and external communications such as informational materials, fundraising and membership materials, proposals, and outreach materials
- Assist regional staff with budgets, meetings, calls, budgets, timesheets, reports, and other administrative tasks
- Maintaining supplies and office equipment and assist with maintaining computers and Web pages
- Editing, copying, faxing, and scheduling
- Assist field staff with wolf and grizzly compensation and proactive project payments and implementation
- Organizing Duties
- Serve as a primary point of contact with Defenders’ members and the general public, and respond to letters, telephone calls, and requests for information
- Coordinate public and member activities and events such as public comment opportunities, meetings, conferences, public education booths, tabling, movies and other presentation, lobbying campaigns, and press conferences,
- Represent Defenders and advocate Defenders’ priorities to conservation groups, government decision-makers, and other key stakeholders
- Perform all other related program work as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years of conservation and/or administrative experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Strong organizational and verbal communications skills
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and technology skills
- Must be self-motivated and capable of juggling multiple projects and tasks at one time with ability to set priorities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so.
- General office and field working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How To Apply
Interested applicants please reference Rockies & Plains Coordinator in your subject line and submit a letter of interest, along with your resume and salary history to us via e-mail at: HR@defenders.org
It is the policy of Defenders of Wildlife to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.