Integrated Marketing and Online Communications Coordinator
Location: Headquarters, Washington, DC
Department: Marketing and Constituent Development
Supervisor: Vice President for Integrated Marketing & Online Communications
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for providing daily administrative support to the Vice President for Integrated Marketing and Online Communications and to oversee or facilitate several revenue-generating programs such as cause marketing partnerships, matching gifts and workplace giving. The Coordinator also acts as liaison between the Marketing VP and other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make copies, send faxes, manage day-to-day correspondence, as well as larger mail-merge projects; maintain knowledge of division staff travel and schedules; manage Vice President’s calendar and travel; manage and distribute information; maintain files and office systems; prepare and submit check requests/invoices, and follow all other administrative procedures. Work closely with the Vice President, Marketing staff and Finance staff to develop the division's annual budget; closely track spending throughout the year for all accounts by checking monthly budget reports against actual division expenses; liaison with Finance and division staff to quickly solve problems that may arise, including overspending, coding mistakes, etc.
- Coordinate and edit the division's weekly reports to senior staff and quarterly reports to the Board; copy-edit and review draft reports, presentations and other publications for content, as well as coordinate any necessary printing, graphics and production.
- Coordinate scheduling, location, and catering (when appropriate) for a variety of meetings, including a weekly team meeting; attend all relevant internal staff meetings; and represent Defenders at requested outside meetings. Ensure distribution of relevant materials and room or A/V set-up. Take appropriate notes for post-meeting distribution as needed.
Marketing Program Support:
- Coordinate the timely review, approval and tracking of all Marketing and Online contracts and associated invoicing. Maintain active documentation of current, pending and expired contracts and vendors and set up regular and timely contract renewal reminders to ensure no gaps in service. Work with Finance staff to ensure correct registration and recording of new and renewal contracts. Work with Marketing, Operations and Finance department staff as well as vendors as needed to ensure invoicing is accurate, approved and submitted within the required timeframes.
- Oversee Defenders’ workplace giving campaigns. Complete all Earth Share state and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) applications by deadline; coordinate CFC advertising; respond to Earth Share informational and promotional requests; represent Defenders at workplace giving fairs as needed; develop and manage annual revenue and expense budget; ensure that Defenders meets its annual requirement for participation.
- Coordinate marketing of the corporate matching gift program through both online and offline promotions. Develop and manage annual matching gift budget.
- Manage relationships with active cause marketing partners; process, track and update license agreements under the supervision of legal counsel and VP; research and analyze potential partner opportunities; coordinate online and offline marketing efforts with appropriate staff related to partnerships.
- Work with Finance to facilitate the accurate and timely completion of any questionnaires, public listings, and watchdog agency applications (ex. Better Business Bureau).
- Serve as contact person for requests to promote Defenders’ name and logo for fundraising events and special promotions
- Coordinate the development and delivery of final art according to schedule for cause-related and other advertisements in Defenders’ quarterly magazine
- Serve as liaison to Defenders' staff regarding all aspects of the Defenders' cause-related and marketing programs.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s (B.A. or B.S.) degree or equivalent in related discipline
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in related administrative or marketing work preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other Requirements:
- Strong technological aptitude with advanced skills using Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn specialized software such as PIDI and Convio/Blackbaud (constituent databases) or web content management systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with both senior management and support staff
- Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem-solving skills to resolve issues and see projects through to their completion
- Ability to function efficiently in a busy environment with shifting priorities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with others while doing so.
General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants please reference Integrated Marketing and Online Communications Coordinator in your subject line and submit a letter of interest and resume to us via e-mail at: HR@defenders.org
It is the policy of Defenders of Wildlife to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
All employees are required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities of their positions. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.